J-Con will feature the annual Cosplay contest for all you fans of making and dressing up as your favorite characters from anime, film and cult media!
Please select a category for your cosplay:
Anime & Manga: Japanese, Chinese Or Korean Anime (Both films & T.V.) or Manga.
Vocaloid: Anything Vocaloid Related.
Video Gaming: Any character from a video game.
Western Film & TV: Any character from English/non-Japanese speaking Film or TV .
Western Comic: Any character from an English/non-Japanese speaking
Original Concept Characters: Something you have invented yourself.
If your cosplay fits more than one category, pick the best suited one.
This year's Cosplay contest will be running with 6 categories as follows:
Best Group Cosplay
Best Under 16 Cosplay
Most Unique Cosplay
Most Nostalgic Cosplay
Overall Runner Up
The judges will then pick their Overall J-Con Cosplay Champion, who will win a photo session with Cambray Photos and this very amazing, (very expensive) J-Con Hamper full of all kinds of goodies, worth over £250! It includes Animes, Manga, Snacks, Gaming Loot, Dice, Card Games- the works!
Plus EVERY entrant will get a Can Of Ocean Bomb & Box Of Pocky just for taking part! ^_^
The Rules for the Cosplay Contests are as follows:
*You can only submit an entry form once. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY UNTIL YOU ARE 100% SURE OF YOUR COSPLAY CHOICE.
* You may enter on your own or as a group. If you enter as a group, please say so somewhere on the entry form.
* You may request your own music to play in the background. If you do not, music will automatically be playing instead.
* Each Participant gets no longer than 2 minutes on stage. You may use this time to demonstrate your cosplay however you wish, from a simple catwalk, to a dance, pose etc.
* Your outfit must not be purchased. It cannot be ready made.
* The definition of a qualifying outfit for the JC8 contest is as follows:
"The outfit must be significantly hand made by the person entering or people they know. It must show significant customization in all areas."
NOTE: It is acceptable to have purchased an item of clothing and then applied the above definition (For example, having purchased a plain t-shirt and then to have sew items on, dye it etc). ^_^
ONLY ENTER YOUR COSPLAY ONCE YOU HAVE DECIDED ON YOUR FINAL DESIGN AND YOU HAVE PURCHASED A J-CON TICKET! YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR ENTRY ONCE YOU HAVE ENTERED!