J-Con will feature the annual Cosplay contest for all you fans of making and dressing up as your favorite characters from anime, film and cult media!
Please select a category for your cosplay:
Anime & Manga: Japanese, Chinese Or Korean Anime (Both films & T.V.) or Manga.
Vocaloid: Anything Vocaloid Related.
Video Gaming: Any character from a video game.
Western Film & TV: Any character from English/non-Japanese speaking Film or TV .
Western Comic: Any character from an English/non-Japanese speaking
Original Concept Characters: Something you have invented yourself.
If your cosplay fits more than one category, pick the best suited one.
This year we've restructured the cosplay contest to make it more fun for everyone. Instead of the 1st/2nd/3rd format of previous years, we're introducing various trophies for the cosplays judged the best in the following categories:
Best Group Cosplay
Best Under 16 Cosplay
Most Unique Cosplay
Most Nostalgic Cosplay
Overall Runner Up
The judges will then pick their Overall J-Con Cosplay Champion, who will win a photo session with Cambray Photos and this very amazing, (very expensive) J-Con Cosplay title belt. Words cannot express just how amazing this belt is! ^_^
The Rules for the Cosplay Contests are as follows:
*You can only submit an entry form once. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY UNTIL YOU ARE 100% SURE OF YOUR COSPLAY CHOICE.
* You may enter on your own or as a group. If you enter as a group, please say so somewhere on the entry form.
* You may request your own music to play in the background. If you do not, music will automatically be playing instead.
* Each Participant gets no longer than 2 minutes on stage. You may use this time to demonstrate your cosplay however you wish, from a simple catwalk, to a dance, pose etc.
* Your outfit must not be purchased. It cannot be ready made.
* The definition of a qualifying outfit for the JC8 contest is as follows:
"The outfit must be significantly hand made by the person entering or people they know. It must show significant customization in all areas."
NOTE: It is acceptable to have purchased an item of clothing and then applied the above definition (For example, having purchased a plain t-shirt and then to have sew items on, dye it etc). ^_^
NOTE: ONLY ENTER YOUR COSPLAY ONCE YOU HAVE DECIDED ON YOUR FINAL DESIGN AND YOU HAVE PURCHASED A J-CON TICKET! YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR ENTRY ONCE YOU HAVE ENTERED!